HOW TO APPLY TO CCSP
Each school handles studying abroad differently, so the place to start is by visiting your study abroad office, or if your school does not have a study abroad office then make inquiries with your registrar's office. Familarize yourself with your school's application deadlines and other requirements, and when you are ready to apply to CCSP here is how you do it (although there are probably additional requirements you need to meet at your school too):
STEP 1. Online Application: Complete our online application form by clicking one of the applications below. There is a separate application form for each program, so make sure to fill in the correct application form.
- Set aside about 15-20 minutes to complete your application form if you've aready written your application essays (see more below), or approximately 1hr if you're going to write your essays at the same time you do your application. You cannot save an incomplete application form and come back to finish it.
- There are two short essay quesitons on the application. We suggest you write your essays before starting the applicaiton, and then copy and paste your essays into the relevant sections. Here are the questions:
Question 1: Write a brief statement of your Christian faith or spiritual journey. Describe the significance of your Christian faith or spiritual journey in your everyday life. Reference your involvement in a local church, and give examples of opportunities you have had for Christian witness and service. Length 2 pages. We suggest that you write your essay in a word processor like Microsoft Word and then paste it into this box.
Question 2: Describe your interest in CCSP. Include factors that have drawn you to this program as well as potential contributions you hope to make in academic, interpersonal, and community settings. Discuss how your career and larger life goals are related to this experience. Length 2 pages. We suggest that you write your essay in a word processor like Microsoft Word and then paste it into this box.
- The application includes a $55 non-refunadabe application fee that you can pay online by credit card.
STEP 2: School Verifcation Form: Download the School Verification Form and have the appropriate official at your school complete the form. This certifies that your school permits you to attend CCSP and to get course credit for your classes. You send us the original signed document, but while we are waiting we can work with a faxed or scanned and e-mailed copy of the School Verification Form. Send faxes to (909-498-7329) and e-mails to [email protected].
STEP 3: References: CCSP needs the three following references (see below), all of which can be completed online. There are separate New Zealand and Belize reference forms, so please make sure your references fill in the form for the program that you are applying for. Select the people to be your references then direct them to where they can fill their reference forms out online. Note, these references are confidential and will not be shared with you.
NEW ZEALAND REFERENCE FORMS:
- NZ Faculty Reference
- NZ Student Life Reference (To be done by your RA, Resident Director, or Dean of Student Life.)
- NZ Personal Reference (This is a non-family member who has known you a minimum of two years, e.g., an employer, college pastor, coach, etc..)
BELIZE REFERENCE FORMS:
- Belize Faculty Reference
- Belize Student Life Reference (To be done by your RA, Resident Director, or Dean of Student Life.)
- Belize Personal Reference (This is a non-family member who has known you a minimum of two years, e.g., an employer, college pastor, coach, etc..)
STEP 4: Transcript: Send us a copy of your latest transcript.
Mailing Address: Send your School Verification Form and transcript to the US office at PO Box 2501, Julian CA 92036.
CCSP will consider your application as soon as it is complete, so the sooner you get your application in the sooner we can let you know if you're accepted into the program. We strongly encourage you, therefore, to send in your application well before the application deadline.
Fall Semester - April 1 Spring Semester - Oct. 31
New Zealand Program:
Fall Semester - April 1 Spring Semester - Oct. 31
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOU ARE ACCEPTED INTO CCSP
If you are accepted into the program you will recieve an acceptance letter and a request to submit an $300 deposit to reserve your place in the program. You deposit is refundable if you attend the program (less any expenses you may charge against your deposit), but it is non-refundable if you decide later not to attend CCSP.
The final class for the semester will be determined approximately a week to 10 days after the application deadline. After the class has been finalized you will be sent an enrollment package via e-mail (i.e.,10-14 days after the application deadline) that will include several forms to be returned to CCSP (i.e., course registration, waiver, community norms agreement, medical and insurance forms, etc.) and detailed logisitical information about the program.
You will also be informed about travel details including confirmation of the travel dates and arrival and departure windows for buying airline tickets. It is very important that you DO NOT purchase an airline ticket until you recive this information otherwise you may need to change tickets at your own cost to coincide with group pick-up and drop-off schedules. With campuses several hours drive from arriving airports students need to be transported as a group.